Its going to be a great weekend of jamming, and we’re looking forward to meeting everyone coming. A few house keeping notes before you arrive…
1. your computer… that would slightly hinder your ability to jam.
2. Snacks/money for extra food etc. We will provide light food for everyone while we’re there, but I imaging some people are hungrier than others. If you’re one of the really hungry people, you might want to come prepared.
3. Your ID, NASA is a little more strict than the 500 Club down the street on who comes and who goes.
4. pillow/sleeping bag/airmattress/ whatever makes you comfortable, if you’re just crashing in the conference center. If you have a room at the NASA Lodge, don’t forget to check in with them before coming to the conference center for the Jam. They don’t have an attendant past 10pm.
… which brings me to …
4A. there are more rooms at the Lodge! If anyone wanted one but didn’t get one, please contact 650.603.7100 and tell them you’re with the GameJam. Rooms are still $55/night.
- Anywhere between 5-7pm is fine to come on over. We’ll have food starting at 5:30, and cool NASA displays and people to talk with. Beer/wine will be available for purchase onsite. The Jam Orientation starts promptly at 7pm, please make sure you’re there by then at the latest.
- Game development will go straight through until 5pm on Sunday. At which time, all pencils down, and presentations begin!
Please follow us – @darksidejam
Please tweet tons about all the kickass things we’re going to do this weekend using #darksidejam
Let’s make some kickass games! NASA will be blown away by all the amazing things we can create!
… oh, but since it is a federal facility, please just refrain from things like drugs, pornography and the like. Though, not strictly forbidden (in the games… in real life, it very much is…) we do want to be able to do this again at NASA. They’re being very gracious hosts!
We’re very stoked to see you all, and excited that we have 6 amazing satellite jams happening for DSJ and can’t wait to see what comes out of the weekend!
DSJ Management Team.