Hosting a Satellite Jam
Get it? Satellite jam? Because we’re space themed… oh, nevermind.
Just because you’re not in the Bay Area doesn’t mean you can’t join in on the fun. If you’re interested in hosting a jam at a satellite location, here are some things to consider:
What do you need host a satellite jam location?
- Physical space for the duration of the jam to comfortably seat participants (you can choose how small or large you want your event)
- Reliable Internet access (either wired or wireless) for all participants
- Access to common game development tools and/or ability to download and install software
- Local IT support in case of problems with computers or internet connectivity
- At least one local official organizer to coordinate the event
- Access to all space and computing resources around the clock over the weekend of the Dark Side of the Jam
- Coffee and beverages & easy access to food
- Optional auditorium space to do a post Jam presentation on Sunday of the Jam
- Security (safeguard against theft of belongings)
Once you’ve got a location in mind and are ready to rock, or if you have any questions, send an email to email@example.com and we’ll get you hooked up.
Requirements list shamelessly borrowed from the excellent Global Game Jam